Here we are for another round – still playing catch up going through hundreds of mails so apologies if you’ve heard it already!
1) Eveningwear brand Sophia Kah is set to launch its debut collection in London for spring/summer 2012. Founder Ana Sousa has opted to produce her first collection in The Longratex factory in Portugal, but all pattern cutting takes place here in the UK. The 30-piece collection is inspired by Istanbul and Marrakech; styles range from fluid dresses to ultra-fitted designs.
2) August sees the opening of the new Lucy In Disguise store at 48 Lexington Street, London, W1. Ahead of the launch, customers are able to visit a Lucy In Disguise pop-up store, based nearby at 3 Lowndes Court, London W1, until July 31.
3) As part of celebrations for its 40th birthday, Mr. Men and Little Miss has announced a partnership with department store Selfridges. Launching this week, Mr. Men takes over the gift and stationary area on the ground floor to feature artwork, branding, products and entertainment, until September 11. Other partnerships in the pipeline for the brand are product collaborations with Swarovski Elements and we have just seen the launch of Little miss Nail varnish with Nails Inc.
4) The MAC Aids Fund has announced Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin as its newest spokespersons to represent the 2012 Viva Glam campaign, launching in February 2012. The two were on set in Miami in July shooting the campaign visuals with David La Chappelle.
5) This is my favourite piece of news although I would be more likely to buy from the Dereon line rather than its contemporary House of Dereon. The best jeans I own are Dereon although if you order in the UK the shipping is extortionate and you often are charged customs on top!!! However back to the news….. This autumn sees the UK launch of House of Deréon, the fashion label by Beyoncé and her mother Tina Knowles. Exclusive to Selfridges, the first collection features dresses, jackets and skirts in a range of prints and fabrics; prices start at around £80 for a dress.
6) Fashion brand Lipsy has announced the launch of its new cosmetics and beauty range to the UK market. The collection comprises of 12 gift sets including make-up, fragrances, bath and body products and accessories, due to launch in Boots and Lipsy from September 2011. Sets include the Dinner Date clutch bag, lip gloss and nail varnish at £20, the Lipsy VIP Glam set with charm bracelet and lip gloss, £15, the Lipsy Roller Ball fragrances, £12, and the Perfect Pamper Kit with hand cream, body scrub, body butter and body wash, £10.